Did you know that the color of your teeth is unique to each individual like the colors of our eyes and hair? Some take teeth whitening a little too far. It does not look natural to have bright white teeth. Your teeth should be as white as the whites of your eyes.
At Dean Dental Solutions we help patients find that perfect white for their smile. Healthy teeth are “pearly white” and look natural.
There are several daily habits and environmental factors that can dull the whiteness of our teeth. Here are a few reasons to consider whitening your teeth.
1. Are you afraid to smile?
It is not a bad idea to whiten your teeth just so you can smile again. In fact, teeth whitening is often considered by patients looking to improve their looks. As long as you have a healthy dental routine to accompany the process, we highly recommend teeth whitening.
2. Do you have a big event coming up?
- Preparing for an important job interview? Healthy, white teeth make for a great first impression. Studies have even indicated that having healthy, white teeth may increase your chances of getting the job.
- Getting married? These photos will last forever. You’ll appreciate the extra effort to brighten up your smile.
3. Does the color of your teeth concern you?
Are you noticing a significant change in the color of your teeth? Perhaps you have a rigid dental hygiene routine, yet the whiteness of your teeth continue to fade. There are many factors to consider regarding the color of your teeth. Here are a few things that can change the colors of your teeth.
- Tobacco. Nicotine has a yellow color when it comes in contact with oxygen.
- Red wine.
- Brightly colored produce like blueberries and cherries.
- Dark-colored soft drinks.
Do any of these come in contact with your teeth on a regular basis? There is no need to be alarmed. This discoloration is natural, however unwanted. You could be due for a little whitening.
You don’t need to give up your morning cup of coffee. There are many things you can do as part of your dental hygiene routine that will allow you to enjoy coffee and keep your teeth white. Talk with Dr. Dean to find a solution that is right for you.
The color of your teeth also fades with age. Thankfully, the process can be reversed. That is why many patients consider teeth whitening to look younger.